Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Knock on Wood

Back in February, CDB posted about all the wood detailing she was seeing at ISPO trade fair and it doesn't seem to be letting up. I was recently at the Grand Hyatt in Taipei and they have this enormous wooden ball, consisting of cross-sections of trees, in their lobby.

Here are some more inspiring works using timber.

Occasional Table/Stool by Blue Nature: imprisoned wood in acrylic glass

Wayco International stool as seen at the Singapore Trade Fair 2010


Small garden house designed by Piet Hein Eek in Hilversum, Netherlands. The log house was commissioned by Hans Liberg.

2 comments:

Bia Farias said...

visit me =]

Anonymous said...

Special mention for Design Find

Hi there!
I've been following your blog for a while and have been enjoying your posts, particularly the one on Nao Tamura silicone dishware. I was wondering if your blog features Websites or shares links with relevant content. We have a blog called Be@Home (http://pocketchange.become.com/category/home-and-garden) where we produce daily coverage of everything from the latest kitchen wear to designer furniture. I feel our content could be a great resource to your readers.
Currently, our blog averages about 1.5 to 2k unique visitors per day to the homepage (linked above) with users clicking through to an average of 500 single blog pages per day.

Please get back to me and let me know if you are interested in this opportunity to expand your audience. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Briana Hernandez
Briana.hernandez@become.com